Here’s a recipe for the perfect on-the-go energy food. Ham, broccoli and an egg combine for a tasty snack that’s packed with protein and fiber. Make a dozen and enjoy throughout your week. Servings: 12
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 12 slices of nitrate free ham
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dash of salt and pepper
- 12 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside
- In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until tender.
- Add the steamed broccoli, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- Using kitchen scissors, make a slice to the center of each piece of ham, then fold into a cone shape in each muffin cup. Fill halfway with the broccoli mixture.
- Crack an egg into each ham cup. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until the edges of the ham are crispy.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 135 calories, 8g fat, 437mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 12g protein.